Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Benvenuti!



My artwork is my process of learning and discovering about the world around me. As a student, I consider each piece to be a documentation of something I conquer and learn. With each piece, I overcome a challenge, whether it’s working with the subject matter, composition, color scheme, or technique. I do not consider myself to be “emotionally attached” to any work I create, because I view each work as a progression, an evolution, and advancement. Constantly improving and developing new ideas, each piece is a challenge that becomes better than the previous. I am particularly fascinated with the figure; most of my art is my understanding of the figure exploring different media and techniques, whether it is working with paint, metal, plaster, or hot glue. Currently, I am creating a twelve-piece concentration in AP 3D Design that explores feminine lines with masculine constructive materials. I achieve vision through my constant exploration of anatomy and the multiple cultures and unique personalities of people. I am captivated how each individual presents themself to the world in their dress and their natural body.
            I hope to be challenged artistically, integrate the influences from around the world, and to overtake my goal to become a self-sustaining artist. I believe during my college experience I will be in an environment that will facilitate my exploration of the arts and define a more narrow direction for my future, but as for right now, I am still exploring and experimenting with my passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment